The Evangelism ministry at North Victory Baptist Church is committed to sharing the Good News of Jesus Christ and making disciples of all nations. “And Jesus came and said to them, ‘All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you. And behold, I am with you always, to the end of the age.’” Matthew 28:18-20
The Missions ministry at North Victory Baptist Church supports local and international missionaries in their church planting endeavours. The NVBC partners with these missionaries in sharing the Good News in their target areas. In this way, NVBC embodies the great commission “…. Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you. And behold, I am with you always, to the end of the age.’” Matthew 28:18-20
The goals of the Christian education ministry are
- to determine the spiritual condition of each student and to lead the unsaved to Christ
- to help each student develop spiritual character through regular Bible study and personal contact
- to strengthen each student in his or her Christian life by providing fellowship opportunities
Mission and Vision:All those involved in and influenced by NVBC Christian Education; teachers, volunteers, students, parents, church members, visitors, and the Community may abound in awareness of God and His Word resulting to responding in faith and love through the Holy Spirit that they
- may become saved through faith;
- know who they are and what their human situation means;
- grow as children of God rooted in Christian fellowship;
- live in obedience to the will of God in all relationships;
- fulfill their common vocation in the world, and
- abide in the Christian Hope.
Bible Study Group
Depending on the area where you live, there are eight Bible Study groups that meet every 2nd and 4th Saturday of the month.
Below are the Bible Study groups, their leaders and a contact number you can call for more details
There are two Youth groups in NVBC. The Youth Winter fellowship composed of youth aged 12-17 meets every Friday from 7:00 pm during Winter. They hear God’s Word and enjoy playing indoor games. On the other hand, the Youth group aged 18-20 meets every Sunday at 2:00pm for fun and fellowship. On special occassions, they sponsor fellowships with relevant themes for everyone in the Church to participate and enjoy.
God has called us to be a spiritual leader in our homes, church and community. He is the creator of marriage and the author of love, bringing two together as one to fulfill the desire of God’s perfect love. Ephesians 5:31…For this reason a man shall leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife, and the two shall become one flesh… PURPOSE The couples ministry is designed to enhance the relationship of husbands and wives by interacting with other couples and applying the biblical principles of God’s word to real life situations. As a result, a healthy family unit will be developed, which will in turn develop a healthy church. Ephesians 4:1 …I , therefore, the prisoner of the Lord, beseech you to walk worthy of the calling with which you were called…. VISION To serve couples at North Victory Baptist Church to inspire, to encourage and equip couples married and those who are preparing for marriage through Biblical guidance – proving that God ordains marriage between a man and woman. As we demonstrate His perfect love if we love one another.1 John 4:12 … No one has seen God at any time. If we love one another, God abides in us, and His love has been perfected in us
Ladies ministry is designed to encourage ladies to grow in their faith in Christ, to develop and strengthen intimate friendship with other women. and to provide opportunities to serve and reach people for Christ. 1 Thess. 5:11 .. Therefore encourage one another and build each other up, just as in fact you are doing. The goals of the Ladies Ministry are
- to bring together women of all ages and stages of life for edification, equipping and evangelism;
- involve new members in the church and create an environment where all are accepted;
- provide a positive climate for women to develop their relationship with Christ;
- to help encourage women to find and use their spiritual gifts and skills to minister in the local church; and
- to promote unity within the body of Christ.
Proverbs 4:23 – Keep your heart with all diligence. For out of it spring the issues of life.
Men of all ages in NVBC meet bi-annually for fellowship, fun, and learning. Some of the ministry goals are
- becoming better husbands and fathers,
- how to be the man that God wants us to be,
- equipping for Biblical leadership, and
- a resource for single men in the area of courtship and marriage.
The Singles Ministry meets quarterly for felllowships. This ministry is composed of unmarried Young Professionals aged 21 to 49.
Young at Heart
The Young at Heart Ministry caters to the seniors in NVBC. The members are composed of men and women aged 50 and above. Those that have graduated from the singles’ ministry and the couples’ ministry are welcome to join the Young at Heart Ministry. The members meet at least twice a year for fellowship and annually goes into a weekend trip outside of Canada for evangelistic fellowship and personal equipping. The Young at Heart ministry conducted an evangelistic bowling tournament in January 2017 and visited the Ark Encounter in Kentucky, USA over the Thanksgiving weekend. For 2018, a plan to visit the Bible Museum in Washington, DC is on the table.